Want to learn more about your harvested water, soil, and plant data? Mark your calendars for step 1 of Project Harvest.
Project Harvest is hosting a 3-day bilingual (English and Spanish) community training starting on July 25th through July 27th from 8:30AM – 3:00PM. Learn about climate change, health, and environmental quality. Learn how to install a water harvesting system, and be trained in how to collect harvested water, soil, and/or vegetable samples from your garden for environmental analysis. Meet others in your community who are interested in environmental and food quality. Community members are welcome to attend the entire training or selected days. At the training, participants will learn about:
– Climate change science
– Heat stress and Heat Island Effect
– Energy and Water Conservation
– Air quality in arid/semi-arid regions
– Water, soil, and plant quality
– Infectious diseases (water and food)
– Sample collection methods to measure potential microbial, organic and inorganic pollutants in water, soil, and plant samples
– Climate change justice
Click here for a direct link to the training.