Do you have a breathtaking landscape photo taken in Gila County, or a sunrise, sunset or other scenic that deserves to be in a calendar? Photos showing people are welcome, too, but must be accompanied by model release forms to be considered for one of the months on the 2022 calendar published by the Rim Country Camera Club.
Entries are due July 8, and this year the club opened competition beyond just Payson and Rim Country – allowing subject matter from anywhere within Gila County to be allowed, from the scenic Gila River here in Hayden-Winkelman all the way up through the Cobre Valley and on north to Pine-Strawberry – and east to the San Carlos Apache lands.
Entry is free, online and easy by uploading to fromsmash.com or emailing your image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next year will mark the 9th edition of this stylish calendar, and 100 percent of the proceeds are donated to charities including food banks and a scholarship fund.
Want to see examples from the 2021 calendar? They’re posted, along with short biographies of each winning photographer, at facebook.com/groups/R3CRimCountryCameraClub, a community local photographers should like and follow to see more artistic images and for invites to once-a-month camera club meetings, guest speakers, and photo safaris here in Arizona.
“This year, we expanded our photo competition to include all of Gila County rather than just the Rim Country boundaries around Payson and its open to anyone, not just club members. Photos may be taken at any time anywhere in Gila County. Our goal is to produce a calendar that depicts the many different landscapes and features of our County.”
You’re welcome to enter up to 10 photos. Each entry should be a high-resolution file (see below for specifics) and you must own the legal rights to the image. They should be horizontal (or ‘landscape’) format due to calendar layout. Each entry should include the name of the photo and location where it was taken, your name, phone number and email address.
Additional rules for submission:
• Photographs must have been taken within our beautiful Gila County.
• Photographs must not bear a logo or watermark with the name of the photographer (the details can and should be included in the metadata of the digital picture, but not be visible on the picture itself.)
Proper credit will be given if the picture is selected.
• If people appear in the photograph and they are recognizable a model release form must accompany your entry (RCCC will provide forms upon request, email email@example.com )
• Panorama photos cannot be selected for full-page monthly images, but may be selected for smaller insets.
• cellphones photos may be submitted; but quality and filesize may limit the photo to an inset rather than a full calendar page.
• Composites (a photo made by combining several distinct photographs or portions of photographs into one image) may be entered, but also must be identified as such in the entry information.
• Each entry must include a high-resolution (300 ppi) digital photo file in .TIFF (preferred) or .JPEG format. Those submitting .JPEG may be asked to submit a .TIFF for final production.
All entries will be judged by a panel appointed by the Rim Country Camera Club. Only owners of selected photos will be notified. Photos that do not meet the quality requirement will not be judged. Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. Holders of selected photos grant the Rim Country Camera Club unlimited non-exclusive use of high-resolution photos for activities in all media, including social media, online and print without any renumeration. The conditions set out in the entry rules are binding and the Rim Country Camera Club charity calendar’s judging panel reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.
How to submit your Entry? Open the fromsmash.com, drag and drop your photo file(s) onto the Smash logo. Under New Smash click on “Your contacts’ emails” and enter firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter a message indicating your name, phone number, photo title and locations. Click on Smash button. Leave the window open until 100% file transfer is complete. You will receive an email confirmation from Smash when your submission was successfully sent. You will receive a second email confirmation from Smash when your photos have been downloaded by us. Inquiries regarding submission may be sent via email to email@example.com.