FLORENCE, AZ – Only voters who are registered to the Republican party or Green party are eligible to vote in the February 28 Presidential Preference Election. Recognized political parties are given the option to participate in a Presidential Preference Election and only the Green and Republican parties have selected to participate for 2012.
If a voter wishes to change party affiliation, he or she must do so by January 30 in order to qualify to vote in the Presidential Preference Election. For information about how to register to vote or make changes to voter registration go to http://goo.gl/g3AiK (shortened URL).
Pinal County will be conducting a Presidential Preference Election on February 28, 2012. State law (A.R.S. §16-248), requires that the county use no more than one polling place per two-thousand registered voters. The county currently has 90 voting precincts (88 actual and 2 administrative) and just over 162,000 registered voters, which requires the consolidation of polling places in order to satisfy the law’s provisions. Additionally, other polling place changes had to be made based on polling site availability.
Each household with an eligible voter will be mailed a sample ballot that lists the name and location of the proper polling place. Sample ballots should arrive about 30 days before the election.
Any voter who is unsure about the assigned polling place can use the Secretary of State’s VoterView web site: https://voter.azsos.gov/VoterView/Home.do. A link to VoterView is also on the Pinal County Elections Department home page under Hot Topics.
The changes for the February 28, 2012 Presidential Preference Election are as follows:
• Precincts 1, 2 and 3 (Kearny, Kearny Rural and Riverside respectively) will be consolidated and their polling site will be the usual one for precinct 1, the Town of Kearny Constitution Hall, located at 912 East Tilbury Drive, Kearny
• Precinct 7, Oracle, will have its polling site moved from the Oracle Community Center located at 685 East American Avenue to the Oracle Justice Court located at 1470 North Justice Drive, Oracle
• Precinct 15, SaddleBrooke East, will have its polling site moved from the Mountainview Country Club, 38759 South Mountainview Boulevard, to SaddleBrooke Country Club HOA #1 located at 64500 East SaddleBrooke Boulevard, SaddleBrooke, 85739
• Precincts 50 and 51 (Superior North and Superior South respectively) will be consolidated and their polling site will be the usual one for precinct 51, the St. Mary’s Center located at 100 Sunset Drive, Superior
• Precinct 52, Sutton Summit, voting-by-mail with no polling site
Pinal County maintains and updates its website to feature the latest information and news worth noting. Please bookmark www.pinalcountyaz.gov for future reference.