Members of the Kearny Koyotes 4-H Club will be at 11-Mile Corner Fairgrounds next week for four days of competition and exhibition. The 4-Hers will take part in the Junior Livestock Show that is held in conjunction with the Pinal County Fair which runs March 19 through 23.
The Junior Livestock Program provides many worthwhile experiences and opportunities for Pinal County’s 4-H, FFA and Association members.
Specific objectives include:
• To teach responsibilities to junior livestock exhibitors in the caring of market animals.
• To teach skills and good habits regarding proper feeding, health care, fitting and showing of market animals.
• To provide junior livestock exhibitors a program that will be both educational and enjoyable.
• To offer a learning program with emphasis on success, but not dominated by competition.
• To promote an attitude of sharing knowledge among exhibitors with other exhibitors, older and younger, and with the entire family.
• To teach and encourage safe handling practices at all time, when working with or showing a market animal.
4-Hers from the Kearny Club have entries this year in swine, carcass swine, carcass goat and show veal.
Live competition includes Market, Showmanship and Skill-a-Thon.
Swine project leader is Zane Bingham and Patti Bingham is the community leader.
The Livestock Auction will be held Saturday, March 22. If you would like to help a 4-Her, add-ons are still available. Contact the Binghams at 363-5956 or at the fair for information. All donations are tax deductible.