Recently there have been several residential fires in the Town of Hayden. Fires on Velesco and Utah have been determined to be caused by electrical problems inside the residence. No human loss has been suffered, but there has been significant personal belongings loss.
HPD Chief of Police Gillen requests that everyone watch closely any open flame heating sources, (candles, lanterns, etc.) and older space heaters. If your electrical wiring is mature, please check with a local electrician for inspection or assistance.
Inquires are being made to assist in helping with the cold weather problems that develop. Please be cognizant of exposed water pipes to prevent damage or loss.
HPD would like to assist citizens with any problems or situations that will relieve concerns. Please contact HPD at 356-6205, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday if you need assistance.